- Training & education
- Eligibility criteria:
– Designed for journalists and media professionals working in small newsrooms (fewer than 100 employees).
– Fluency in English is required.
– Ideally, candidate has a basic understanding of the potential of artificial intelligence and machine learning, and works in a news organisation that has started exploring how to use these new technologies.
– No coding skills required nor are there any other technical requirements, other than a stable WiFi connection to participate in the live activities.
– The Academy is not for freelancers – you need to be part of a newsroom to benefit from the programme.
- Type of funding: Programmatic
- Target country/ies: Americas, Asia-Pacific Region.
- Application language: English
The JournalismAI Academy for Small Newsrooms is accepting applications for its 2022 cohorts in the Americas and Asia-Pacific. The Academy is a FREE training programme designed for journalists and
media professionals from small and mid-sized newsrooms (fewer than 100 employees) who want to discover how they can use artificial intelligence technologies to support their journalism.
The Academy had its first edition in 2021 with a cohort of 20 participants from Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Thanks to the experience of last year and the exceptional feedback they received from participants, in 2022 we are reopening the Academy for two more cohorts: in the Americas and in the Asia-Pacific region.
The programme will start in September 2022 and last for 8 weeks. It is organised by the JournalismAI team at the London School of Economics and Political Science, with support from the Google News
Initiative. The Academy will provide expert insights into the journalistic applications of AI, the skills needed to leverage its potential, and what it takes to move from ideation to implementation. It is taught by a diverse panel of experts from around the world who are leading the way in helping their newsrooms and the whole journalism industry leverage the opportunities offered by artificial intelligence.
The 8-week programme will run through September and October 2022. It is designed for journalists and media professionals from small organisations (fewer than 100 employees):
- 20 from the Americas (from GMT -8 to GMT -3)
- and 20 from the Asia-Pacific region (from GMT +5 to GMT +12)
See here to learn more and apply.
Access the Fundraising Guide for expert advice on how to improve your fundraising applications and to identify prospective donors.