Internews is seeking an Operations Officer for the USAID-funded media support and civil society initiative with the general goal of further strengthening independent media and civil society in Jordan. The Operations Officer will support all operations in the Amman office, including travel, general service procurements, security and logistics.
- Support the development of a safety culture by establishing, maintaining, and updating the Amman office security and contingency plans, maintaining critical supplies and emergency equipment, and following security protocols and procedures in accordance with Internews Field Operations & Security team;
- Oversee domestic movements of staff and participants within country and protocols and procedures;
- Develop, maintain, and regularly update the Security Management Plan and ensure Internews’ facilities are taken into account;
- Monitor the security environment in operational areas and update risk assessments, while providing regular updates to Amman management and HQ-based security on security incidents in Jordan;
- Conduct security assessments of offices, houses, hosts, sites and project operating regions and compile security reports and recommendations;
- Directly supervise drivers and provide oversight of vehicle logs and vehicle lease agreements, including identifying maintenance needs and coordinating with program teams for transportation needs of the project;
- Oversees selection of venues and accommodations for Internews staff and participants following procurement policy and safety protocols;
- Prepare procurement requests for service contracts for general services, such as office lease, vehicle leases, and Internet services and maintain files for due diligence;
- Provide support with securing visas for visiting consultants and staff, ensuring all insurances and approvals are in place. Ensure that the information packs and maps are updated and distributed to all incoming staff and visitors upon arrival;
- Oversee general office administration functions including maintenance needs of office space, procurement of office furniture, and support with maintaining supplies lists and inventory;
- Build and maintain strong professional networks that can help Internews easily access the operational areas and be kept up to date on local security context;
- Other tasks as assigned by DCOP;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree related field is required;
- A minimum of five (5) years of general work experience with at least three (3) in security management experience in the context of international development;
- Experience implementing security policies, procedures and protocols;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and in a collaborative environment;
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and flexible work style;
- Experience with USAID-funded projects is a plus;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Must be highly computer literate; Microsoft word and Excel required;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Fluency in English and good command of Arabic required;
- Must have the right to work and live in Jordan.
Internews has field offices in Jordan. Ultimately, this role will be based in Amman, Jordan. This position will be hired on a rolling basis and will remain open until hire. To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Amman, Jordan