Internews seeks a Finance Manager for a USAID-funded media support and civil society initiative to further strengthen independent media and civil society in Jordan. The Finance Manager will oversee the program’s financial operations and will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, as well as Internews standard policies and procedures, monitoring program expenditures, and producing financial reports.
- Oversee financial aspects of the program and ensure compliance with relevant donor requirements and Internews internal regulations;
- Work with the Deputy Chief of Party and donors to assess all local rules and regulations, including financial policies, that apply to aspects of the project and establish necessary internal procedures and policies for compliance;
- Meet regularly with relevant personnel to discuss Budget vs. Actual (BVA) report and ensure that all projections are updated as needed;
- Ensure that proper financial procedures and systems are operated and maintained;
- Prepare the Month End Reports (MER) financial reports and ensure that all related accounts are properly reconciled in Internews’ ERP system;
- Ensure adequate maintenance of program accounting and documentation to ensure compliance with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures;
- Manage payments to local and international outside service providers;
- Prepare field cash requests and wire transfer requests; prepare monthly cash analysis for programs;
- Manage local payroll, maintaining local tax payments in compliance with local laws;
- Verify subaward financial reports and subcontracts in coordination with the Grants team;
- Work closely with internal/external audits for document verification;
- Communicate and coordinate with program management teams and Headquarters staffing, responding to financial questions and providing mentoring and assistance as needed;
- Other duties as assigned; In
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting, or related field or equivalent work experience;
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience with financial management, financial analysis, and contract management required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Proven experience with USAID funding.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as they relate to financial management.
- Strong analytical skills and accuracy in working with large amounts of financial and other data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g., procurement, local subgrant, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work with diverse staff.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising staff.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is required.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of Jordanian media/CSO landscape a plus.
- Experience working with remote teams across multiple time zones.
- Experience with Unit 4 Agresso.
Internews has a local office in Amman, Jordan. Ultimately, this role will be based in Amman, Jordan. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon. This is a limited-term position with an anticipated end date in March 2027.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Amman, Jordan