- Training & education
Organisation: U.S. Embassy Yerevan
The U.S. Embassy, Yerevan, of the U.S. Department of State, announces an open competition for organizations to submit a statement of interest (SOI) to implement an “Investigative Journalism Training Program” Project.
The initiative will advance the Embassy’s goal of bolstering the ability of independent media in Armenia to effectively inform the public, counter misinformation, and advance shared democratic values by building a pipeline of professionally trained journalists capable of producing quality journalism. The training program will be based on U.S. journalism education best practices and state of the art multimedia production techniques.
Goals and Objectives
The goal of this project is to strengthen the Armenian media landscape and address the existing gaps in journalism education and capacities through building a pipeline of professional journalists capable of producing quality investigative and fact-based journalism content.
The project seeks to fulfill following objectives:
- Objective 1: Strengthen the core reporting knowledge, skills and abilities of aspiring Armenian journalists to produce quality, fact-based journalism content․
- Objective 2: Specifically train aspiring journalists in investigative journalism skills to include data driven reporting, credible sourcing, interviewing skills, and media ethics.
- Objective 3: Train aspiring journalists in the latest audio/visual techniques to produce high quality and engaging multimedia content with public impact.
- Objective 4: Include the production of an investigative journalism story or multimedia content as a capstone project for each graduate of training program.
- Objective 5: Support the professional development and career prospects of the program participants through internship placements with local media outlets.
- Objective 6: Support the professional development of program graduates with fellowships to pursue investigative journalism projects, as well as other networking and continuous learning opportunities.
- Length of performance period: up to 24 months (upon availability of funds may be extended for another 12 months).
- Total funding available under this notice is anticipated to be $500,000 for academic year 2024-2026. Depending on the availability of funds, project may be extended to FY 2026.