Organisation: BBC Media Action
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
BBC Media Action is due to start a new project in Lithuania – supporting digital media through tailored training and mentoring with local media organisations, to support their organisational and technical capacity to produce impartial, independent news for online audiences.
They are seeking translation agencies and individual professional translators/interpreters to support their work in the country.
- Job title: Interpretation and translation services (Russian-English)
- Contract: Consultant
- Duration: On a rolling basis during November 2023-July 2024
- Location: In Vilnius and occasionally remote (i.e. via Zoom, Skype, Teams etc)
- Closing date: 8 November 2023
BBC Media Action is inviting tenders to provide the following services:
- Interpretation services on rolling basis. There is no specific timeline for when each of the trainings will take place. (For example, we may plan 10 training sessions in January, no trainings in February, and 2 training sessions in March. Dates will be decided on a rolling basis.)
- Main languages used: Russian to English and vice-versa;
- Ad-hoc interpretation services for meetings;
- Translation services of documents from Russian to English and vice-versa on rolling basis.
The selected provider will be required to provide:
- Interpretation services and translation services;
- In case of a company, hiring and contracting the interpreters or translators upon request of BBC Media Action and according to Lithuanian law. This will also include payment of interpreters and translators upon completion of services according to Lithuanian laws as well as coordination between BBCMA and the interpreters/translators;
- Coordination between BBCMA and the interpreters/translators;
- Equipment and supplies needed for interpretation and translation services (such as laptops, pens, notebooks, etc.);
Bidders should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have at least three (3) years of experience providing interpretation and translation services (reference letters/portfolios with contact information will need to be supplied);
- Are registered as a company or freelance operator entitled to provide required services;
- All certification required by Lithuanian law for services provided needs to be