Internews is seeking a Project Manager in Tunisia to lead the in-country implementation of a USAID-funded project that focuses on strengthening key electoral institutions, civil society organizations, media, and elected officials to increase public trust and inclusive participation in the political process. Reporting to the Tunisia Senior Media Advisor, the Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project on the ground, making sure the project is on track with the work plan, coordinating with local partners, organizing timely completion of high-quality deliverables, and drafting regular project reports. The Project Manager will also work in close collaboration with the MENA program team and relevant HQ departments as required.
- Conduct regular monitoring of project activities to ensure project objectives are being met;
- Monitor and oversee work plan implementation;
- Manage and mentor a small project field staff;
- Coordination with local partners and project beneficiaries;
- Oversee all aspects of project implementation to ensure activities are conducted on schedule and within budget;
- Lead internal and external technical reporting, including writing all donor-required narrative reports;
- Ensure project is in compliance with all administrative requirements, including Internews and donor regulations;
- Attend and assist in the facilitation of project trainings and other events;
- Lead monitoring, evaluation, and learning and adapt project activities as necessary in coordination with the Tunisia Senior Media Advisor and Internews HQ team in Washington, D.C;
- Communicate with media beneficiaries about trainings and other programs;
- Provide financial reports for project activities to HQ;
- Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested;
- Identify potential local partners in Tunisia and complete appropriate research on the prospective partner’s business and equipment needs;
- Develop relationships with prospective partners, while maintaining existing partners relationships;
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives;
- Other duties as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 4 to 6 years of project management experience or relevant advanced degree;
- Ability to work and reside in Tunisia is a must;
- Knowledge of the Tunisian media landscape and strong expertise in the civil society sector is an asset;
- Solution-oriented, pro-active problem solver;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, and good time management skills;
- Ability to work with colleagues in different time zones;
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred;
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Proven interpersonal and networking skills with international organizations and donors;
- Fluency in English, good command of Arabic and French (written and spoken).
Internews plans to open an office in Tunis, Tunisia. Until then, this role will function remotely from Tunisia, and all candidates based anywhere in Tunisia are welcome to apply. You must have independent work authorization in Tunisia that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated term of 12 months; this position may be extended.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Tunis, Tunisia