Internews is seeking a Project Assistant for a USG-funded project which focuses on strengthening key electoral institutions, civil society organizations, media, and elected officials in order to increase public trust and inclusive participation in the political process in Tunisia. Reporting to the Tunisia Project Manager, the Project Assistant will provide administrative and technical support for the project and support the implementation on the ground, including but not limited to coordination with the local media outlets, journalists, and local partners, preparing reports, and providing logistic support for trainings and other project activities.
- Assist in all logistical elements of project implementation, including but not limited to organizing trainings and travel, and coordinating security for trainees, staff, consultants, etc;
- Assist in preparing logistical plans for all project activities, including timelines and budget estimates when applicable;
- Assist with the implementation of personal service contracts and outside service contracts;
- Assist with enforcement of procurement policy for the purchase of equipment, software, and other products and services, for project teams as well as for project partners;
- Conduct research in support of new initiatives as needed;
- Assist in drafting quarterly and annual reports, impact stories, and other materials;
- Communicate with the local media outlets about trainings and other programs;
- Ensure that documentation such as visas for trainees, visiting consultants, and expatriate staff members, contracts, insurance, travel clearance, etc., are completed;
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records for audit purposes;
- Assist in preparation of key project documents;
- Arrange and facilitate all logistics involved in the setting up and running of trainings such as preparation of facilities, venues, and equipment (e.g., microphones, laptops, recorders, USBs, etc);
- Perform any other relevant duties as required;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent or equivalent lived/professional experience;
- 2-3 years of relevant development experience, including internships and field experience;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- A good command of French and Arabic is necessary;
- Experience with MS Excel and Word;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload;
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations is highly desirable;
- Ability to work and reside in Tunisia.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Ultimately this role will be based in Tunis, Tunisia.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated term of 12 months; this position may be extended.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Tunis, Tunisia