Internews is seeking a short-term consultant to compile an evaluation report on the Humanitarian Information Dashboard. The Humanitarian Information Dashboard (HID) and data collection and analysis processes support Internews’ belief that community level information is essential to effective humanitarian relief. The platform aggregates data collected from affected communities and acts as a bespoke platform for visualizing data to give humanitarian responders localized insights into community information needs and trends. The HID has gone through several development iterations over the past 5 years, and the Humanitarian team are commissioning an external evaluation of the HID platform and associated methodologies, to inform future strategy and investment. This is a remote-first, short-term consultancy. Internews anticipates that the scope will require approximately 10 working days to complete.
Scope of work:
Deliver an overall assessment of the HID functionality and usefulness, according to criteria defined by the Internews Humanitarian Team, and to provide recommendations for future HID strategy and investment.
This evaluation will consolidate findings by synthesizing past / existing after-action reviews as well as collecting new data through interviews and surveys as needed (within Internews staff and partners). To conduct this assessment, the short-term consultant will consult with relevant stakeholders who use / have used and manage / have managed the HID, and compile findings into an evaluation report.
- Desk review (2-3 days) – This will involve reviewing after action reviews and other documentation relevant to the HID and associated methodologies
- Additional data collection (2-3 days) – To gather feedback from a range of users, conduct key informant interviews and formulate a survey to be disseminated to users. Internews will provide guidance and introductions as necessary
- Writing the report (3-4 days)
- Evaluation report
- 3-5 years evaluation experience
- Qualifications or experience in data management, visualization and processing tools and methodologies
- Experience working with midsize INGOs
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings
- English proficiency
This is a remote-based, part-time, short-term consultancy. All remote candidates will be considered; however, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe