Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Amman, Jordan
Internews is looking for a Senior Project Officer for a USG-funded media project.” The Senior Project Officer will provide high-level programmatic, technical, and administrative support and oversight for the project towards ensuring successful project delivery and implementation. They will work closely with the project team and under the supervision of the Media Team Lead.
- Support the development and implementation of the media component’s annual work plans in close collaboration with other relevant team members.
- Under the supervision of the Media Team Lead, support the implementation of media component activities effectively and efficiently, in collaboration with other team members and departments within the project.
- Closely collaborate with the finance and procurement teams to ensure media component budget compliance and budget monitoring.
- In collaboration with the grants team, review the technical scope of grants/contracts packages related to the media component prior to submission.
- Review partners’ and grantees’ narrative reports, and ensure deliverables are in-line with program plans.
- Provide technical assistance to grantees toward successful project implementation.
- Lead in the preparation of key project documents (reports, internal documents): write, edit, proof, revise and assemble finished materials; ensure that project reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner in conformance to donor requirements.
- Develop scope of work and budgets for consultants, lead the preparation and monitoring of personal service contracts, and manage consultants work, deliverables, invoices and payments.
- Work closely with project partners, stakeholders, and beneficiaries, attending project activities, carrying out monitoring and site visits and networking as needed.
- Support the project team in compiling and distributing project updates, and needed data for compiling reports, success stories or MERL reporting.
- Conduct research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives.
- Develop and maintain the department stakeholders’ database (partners, consultants, vendors, etc.).
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- University degree in management, development, social sciences or equivalent or equivalent lived/professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant programmatic experience in a non-profit.
- Extensive experience in project management and report writing.
- Prior experience in supporting civil society and/or media projects is strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience with donor-funded projects.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to deal with people from different backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task, and prioritize with a shifting workload.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience in managing USG-funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Jordanian media scene and advocacy is strongly preferred.
- Practical knowledge in managing and moderating digital platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This role will be based in Amman, Jordan.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-duration position, with an expected end date of March 2027.
To apply, please click here.