Internews is seeking a Regional Senior Logistics and Program Support Associate to support the Middle East and North Africa program management unit (MENA PMU). The Senior Logistics and Program Support Associate supports projects in the MENA region. They will work in close collaboration with Project Directors/Managers and HQ to ensure the application of the logistics and program support systems and processes. The Senior Logistics and Program Support Associate will also support administrative activities to assist in the development and delivery of programs, in line with established program plans and objectives.
- Support in all logistical elements of program implementation, including but not limited to organizing trainings and travel, and coordinating logistics for trainees, staff, consultants, etc;
- Support project teams in preparing logistical plans for project activities, including timelines and budget estimates when applicable;
- Preparing, tracking and reviewing invoices, expense reimbursements, advance requests, and payment requests;
- Lead the implementation of personal service contracts and outside service contracts;
- Support enforcement of procurement policy for the purchase of equipment, software, and other products and services, for program teams as well as for program partners;
- Ensure that documentation such as visas for trainees, visiting consultants, and expatriate staff members, contracts, insurance, travel clearance, etc., are completed;
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records for audit purposes;
- Complete vetting for Internews’ beneficiaries including participants, vendors and consultants;
- Create and maintain a preferred vendor file system;
- Assist with establishing standard forms and guidelines for event planning;
- Arrange and facilitate all logistics involved in the setting up and running of trainings such as preparation of facilities, venues, and equipment (e.g., microphones, laptops, recorders, USBs, etc);
- Significant communication and interaction with program staff and HQ Accounting, Human Resources, and Grants and Contracts Departments;
- Other duties as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent lived/professional experience;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; international development experience with USG or European funding preferred;
- Ability to work and reside in Tunisia;
- Solution-oriented, pro-active problem solver;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, and good time management skills;
- Ability to work with colleagues in different time zones;
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience making complex travel arrangements
- Ability to travel to support meetings and conferences as needed
- Proven interpersonal and networking skills with international organizations and donors;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or French.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Ultimately, this role will be partially remote and based in Tunis, Tunisia.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Tunis, Tunisia