Internews is searching for a Senior Grants Manager to support the implementation of a USAID-funded program. The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task and supportively supervise team members while ensuring project compliance with all applicable USAID and Internews policies, practices, and procedures, including the management of small grants and contracts.
The Manager will work with the senior management team under the supervision of the Chief of Party. The Manager will coordinate with local partners, host-country counterparts, beneficiaries, non-governmental organizations, and local associations, and provide oversight for program activities and budgets.
This position will be remote-based for the first six months, followed by a deployment to a location in Southeast Asia (to be determined) for the remainder of the post. Candidates based anywhere in the United States are welcome to apply.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support Program Leads in grant activity design, partner identification, and vetting;
- Liaise with Program Leads, Operations Manager (OM), and partners in review of cash or hybrid activity awards for responsibility, determination, cost realism, regulatory compliance, and risk analysis and mitigation;
- Oversee the implementation of program activities;
- Support orientation of all activity recipients on grants management, donor compliance, and reporting;
- Coordinate with OM to prepare procurement and grant documentation in support of program and operations, ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
- Monitor and manage grant activity budgets in coordination with the Director of Finance and Human Resources and maintain and manage records of agreements, electronic files, and a schedule of dates and deadlines relevant to those agreements;
- Coordinate with recipients/partners to meet milestones and/or submit deliverables on schedule;
- Review and ensure accuracy of financial trackers, documentation, approvals, and expenditures;
- Build capacity of grant managers to provide consistent and accurate updates on the status of activities (grants, subcontracts, direct procurement, and short-term technical assistance);
- Mentor grantees and local subcontractors, building strong relationships with other international organizations and partners;
- Supervise grant managers who will be responsible for grant implementation;
- Draft and monitor implementation and compliance of any project technical subcontracts, including fixed-price subcontracts for surveys, assessments, communications, and infrastructure activities;
- Work with program leads and technical team to inform program development, building on lessons learned from implementation;
- Support program in compiling and producing required and ad-hoc reporting on program status and impact;
- Supervise the upload of all relevant documents, photos, and approvals for each activity to its appropriate file location;
- Support activity Completion and Close-Out, ensuring all relevant documentation is filed;
- Work with monitoring and evaluation specialist to assess partner and grantee performance and inform final evaluation reports;
- Provide general support to operations as requested;
- Support travel and transportation services;
- Support program activity and operations inventories;
- Work with Operations Manager and procurement and administrative assistant to define specifications for equipment and other in-kind procurements, ensure compliance of procurements, and ensure items procured are delivered according to activity work plans; and
- In all duties, demonstrate understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in grants at the mid to senior level of an organization
- Previous supervisory experience over grants team
- Prior work experience in fast-paced, evolving political environments
- Previous small grants experience implemented under a USAID contract is required
- Proficiency in grants management and budgeting, specifically in assessing procurement, disbursements, and logistics and ensuring programmatic aspects are implemented on time and according to approved specifications
- Strong understanding of grants under grant and negotiation memorandums required
- Demonstrated leadership, the ability to multitask, integrity, and experience working in multicultural environments
- English fluency required; additional language fluency preferred
- Writing skills, strong attention to detail, and capacity to provide concise analysis and clearly express ideas
Find all the details and apply here.