Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Remote in United States
Internews is looking for a Senior Associate, Journey Management & Global Operations. The Senior Associate, Journey Management & Global Operations position is responsible for duties associated with support of Internews’ global journey management & operational support needs including: travel approvals and reviews, management of travel management company, conducting pre-travel security briefings, security planning and procedures, office security preparedness, emergency management and response, and more.
Global Journey Management Responsibilities
- Facilitate Internews’ international/domestic travel procedures and carry out the approval process;
- Coordinate and implement the travel management process at the global office level for both national and international movements;
- Conduct pre-travel security briefings for high and extreme risk locations as requested;
- Maintain relationship with Internews’ Travel Management Company (TMC) and serve as the representative to convoy and respond to needs both by the staff and the TMC;
- Prepare critical key performance indicator reports on Internews’ global movements in coordination with Internews’ TMC;
- Maintain, update and implement Internews’ global travel policy;
- Coordinate closely with People & Culture department to verify staff coverages and insurances for travel;
- Track the movements of Internews’ personnel globally and monitor for key security alerts in those destinations that may impact staff;
- Ensure the collection and storing of critical forms and waivers for traveling personnel.
- Assist with other key travel-related issues as they arise;
Operational Security Support
- Support in the management of daily and weekly security needs of global offices including: reviews of daily and weekly security reports, filing and review of personnel trackers, monitoring of security threats / alerts, etc.;
- Conduct monthly satellite phone tests;
- Develop office/location specific security protocols and procedures as it relates to: office security standards, vehicle usage guidelines, emergency communications structures, and more;
- Assist the Global Security & Operations Team in preparing briefings, strategy discussions and presentations;
- Serve as backstop support for crisis response and on the Emergency Management team as requested;
- Manage key department processes and procedures and develop tools and systems as needed for facilities tracking systems, weekly/daily security report entry systems, vehicle log tracking, and more.
- Be willing to support Internews in registration processes and procedures;
- Participate in trainings as requested related to office opening and closing, registration, CPR/First Aid, Hostile Environment Awareness Training, local legal considerations, etc;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current Notary Certification and notarizes official company documents as needed;
- Administer security and global operations internal knowledge management including maintenance of Egnyte documentation, update departmental information on SharePoint, pull ERP reports, etc.;
- Coordinate and attend meetings and security briefings, take, and distribute, minutes;
- Process Expense Reimbursement Forms, Wire Transfer Requests, Advance requests, and more;
- Represent the Global Security & Operations department on programmatic Go/No-Go calls and support in the development of security write ups for proposal teams as requested;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Minimum of 2 years INGO or travel management experience (with global emphasis).
- Experience with international travel management highly.
- Familiarity with INGO funders and the funding processes.
- Willingness to provide training to staff in small and large groups.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% to international office locations as requested.
- Ability to research and perform threat analysis, strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team in a flexible, dynamic environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, Spanish, French, or Arabic language skills desirable.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to deliver key messages in a succinct and timely manner.
- Willing and able to be available after regular working hours as various situations require.
- University degree preferred; years of experience in security planning and analysis can be used in lieu of education.
- Solid writing skills and demonstrated extensive experience in report writing and spreadsheets to include all MS office applications
- In depth knowledge of the development of security policies and procedures consistent with operations in a high-risk environment.
- Ability to think under pressure and to make decisions as fast as situation requires.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The annual salary range for this position is US $58,400 – US $73,000.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office or partially remote. Ultimately this position may work remotely from the US, partially remote from Internews’s Washington, DC office, or fully in-office for candidates based in the DC area.
Due to the nature of the position, the successful applicant will occasionally need to work outside of traditional business hours for crisis response needs
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
To apply, please click here.