Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Their vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. They have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Read more about Internews’ work here.
Internews is seeking a Subgrants Associate for a potential USAID-funded media support project initiative in Indonesia.
The Subgrants Associate reports to the Subgrants Manager and provides support on coordination of subgrant administration in addition to working directly with local subgrant recipients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support Subgrants Manager on all subgrant activities
- Day-to-day administration of subgrants
- Provide support on preparing award agreements and modifications
- Work closely with subrecipients to plan, execute and report on program activities
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Maintain subrecipient activity tracking schedules for project development, field reports, site visits, and follow-up communications with funders.
- Conduct site visits and desk audits of select subgrants
- Work closely with technical support partner on all programmatic reporting.
- Provide support on subgrant audits
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Previous experience with grants coordination/monitoring experience, including field experience
- University degree in finance, administration, international relations, or related field
- Knowledge of Indonesia’s media landscape is a plus
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience with MS Excel and Word
- Proven organization skills, with attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload
- Fluency in English
- Understanding of and experience with the administration of USAID grants, cooperative agreements and contracts is a plus
- Experience with administrative systems of international NGOs
- Skilled in cooperative resolution of problems
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising staff
Full details about the position are available here.