Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Their vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. They have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Read more about Internews’ work here.
Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Program Assistant for potential USAID-funded health and media projects in Colombia. The M&E Program Assistant reports to the Colombia Program Officer and collaborate with the LAC Team. The M&E Program Assistant will work with the Colombia Program Officer to collect data from programmatic activities and prepare regular reports on M&E.
NOTE: Hiring of this position is dependent upon funding. This is a local position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Implement Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan within Internews’ Colombia projects to capture project performance results.
- Collect and verify quantitative and qualitative data.
- Carry out essential reporting of data in order to follow up the standard project and strategic indicators in compliance with USAID’s, other funders’ and Internews’ data quality standards
- Compile written documentation on M&E activities and indicator results for progress and annual reports as appropriate.
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data into USAID’s and other funders’ online systems as required by the project agreement.
- Coordinate with subgrantees to ensure their timely submission of monitoring and evaluation data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donor standards for quality, detail and clarity.
- Liaise with Internews’ global M&E team and experts.
- Ensure follow up of financial documents including contracts, expense reports, invoices, etc., to facilitate payments.
- Support budget holders to draft their activity budgets, budget monitoring, and progress reports with direction from manager.
- Facilitate partner disbursements with support from program staff and finance.
- Support the Program Officer with key administrative tasks as requested.
- Attend meetings upon request.
- Minimum 2 years monitoring and evaluation experience in relevant non-profit
- Relevant university degree required
- English language proficiency
- Experience in post-conflict settings and knowledge of post-conflict programs highly desirable
- Experience with the Program Unit Region, notably Colombia
- Previous work experience with USAID programs and projects
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with relevant M&E software, such as Excel, SPSS, Stata In-Design, Photoshop, etc.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Full details about the position are available here.