Internews is seeking a Regional Finance Officer to support the Middle East and North Africa program management unit (MENA PMU). The Regional Finance Officer supports projects in the MENA region. They will work in close coordination with Project Directors/Managers and HQ to ensure the application of logistics and program support systems and processes. The Regional Finance Officer will also support administrative activities to assist in the development and delivery of programs, in line with established program plans and objectives.
- Enters MENA-related paments for IEU and IUS projects into ERP.
- Reviews invoices, expense reimbursements, advance requests, and payment requests, including review for proper coding and approvals.
- Assists the MENA Regional Accounting team in maintaining leave balances (vacation, sick and holiday) for all full-time MENA PSCs.
- Prepares recode requests as needed.
- Supports MENA Regional Accountant with onboarding of new office Finance staff on ERP and accounting policies and procedures.
- Supports project teams with the administration of participant stipends, honorarium payments and fellowships to ensure compliance.
- Prepares recode requests as needed.
- Liaises with program managers within the portfolio and other departments as required.
- Responsible for inventory tracking and disposition in ERP; coordinates with project and HQ accounting teams.
- Significant communication and interaction with program staff and HQ Accounting, Human Resources, and Grants & Contracts departments.
- Supports RFM and BO with onboarding of new office finance, operations and program staff, orienting them to ERP and accounting policies and procedures for both IEU and IEUS.
- Assists the RFM in identifying compliance gaps and ensuring streamlining/implementation of new procedures.
- Reconciles monthly credit cards for PMU management staff.
- Performs monthly monitoring of business advances for MENA staff and flags outstanding advances for action.
- Other duties as requested.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Relevant University degree in Finance, Business, or another relevant area of study OR equivalent lived/professional experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; international experience with USG or European funding preferred.
- Solution-oriented, proactive problem solver.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, and good time management skills.
- Ability to work with colleagues in different time zones.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience making complex travel arrangements.
- Ability to travel to support meetings and conferences as needed.
- Proven interpersonal and networking skills with international organizations and donors.
- Fluency in English required.
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or French.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Ultimately, this role will be based in the MENA region. Depending upon location, the selected candidate may have the opportunity to work fully in-office, fully remote, or partially remote (in-office 2-3 days per week, and remote 2-3 days per week). There are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-duration position, with an expected end date of December 2023. This position may be extended, contingent upon the availability of funding.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Remote in MENA region