Internews is seeking to recruit a team of Field Research Assistants to conduct quantitative and qualitative data collection on information about COVID-19 in Thailand and potentially other countries in the region.
Field Research Assistant will conduct various duties assigned by the Lead Researcher to analyse the Thai-language information ecosystem about the virus and contribute to efforts to reduce panic and improve public health outcomes. They will conduct interviews and focus group discussions with key informants and work with social media monitors to identify, discuss, analyse, and mitigate rumours and misinformation related to COVID-19 arising at local levels.
Scope of Work:
- Gather widely circulated and credible online and offline information about the virus in the Thai-language information ecosystem
- Conduct key information interviews with community leaders, influencers, public health and humanitarian agency officials, media representatives and others
- Identify information flows, uses, popular platforms, trusted actors, and how information on the virus is produced, distributed, and accessed
- Collaborate with key informants to identify further areas of research
- Deliver regular reporting to the project team
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience in qualitative research, social science, data analysis, anthropology, or similar
- Strong knowledge of the Thai-language social media ecosystem
- Some research skills, including qualitative and quantitative methodologies, like Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, social media observation and analysis, data visualization, etc.
- Native-level fluency in Thai language
- Good speaking, reading, writing skills in English
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Knowledge of humanitarian communications, public health communications, and crisis response techniques considered an asset, particularly related to COVID-19
- Video production and editing skills, photo editing skills are a plus
- Graphic design and data visualization skills and knowledge of relevant software to produce infographics a plus
- Strong software skills to ensure proper design and lay-out of the regular reports
- Knowledge of other languages widely spoken in Southeast Asia a plus
- Self-motivated and used to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of, and commitment towards editorial values of the project
Full details about the position are available here.