Internews seeks a Project Director for a project focused on enhancing digital security and journalist skills capacity building to support civil society organizations and media in East Asia.
The Project Director will play a critical role in leading coordination amongst partners, directing timely and effective implementation, and ensuring activities meeting project deadlines. The Project Director will also work closely with local partners to conduct baseline and endline assessments and collecting Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E data), which will be updated, analyzed, and validated according to the pre-established collection schedule for each indicator. The Project Director will monitor, review, and ensure the quality of M&E data from partner activities to ensure they are meeting deliverables and analyzing the effectivness of their activities. Other responsibilities include the following: strategic planning, new project development, programmatic work, providing deliverables, managing staff and budgets, and collaborating with partners. The Project Director will ensure compliance with Internews’ and donors’ rules and regulations, and local laws within the Scope of their responsibilities. The Project Director will report to the Asia Regional Director for Internews, and will work in consultation and collaboration with Internews staff and Internews Headquarters in London, UK and Washington, DC.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Internews’ Headquarters and global offices are closed or partially remote. Internews staff are currently working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. Until further notice, this position will also function remotely but may have the opportunity to work within one of Internews’ Asia offices. Please note that this will depend on a number of factors, including candidate location and availability of space. Remote applicants will be considered; however, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work. You should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated in part to align with those of colleagues in Southeast Asia and on the East Coast of the United States.
Candidates should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated to align with those of colleagues in East Asia for the duration of the position, regardless of remote work location. You should indicate your current location and preference for remote versus in-person work during the interview process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the management and successful implementation of the project;
- Oversee sub-grants to partner organizations, including budgets, timeline and reporting, and to participate and assist in the completion of such tasks as required;
- Serve as the primary liaison between Internews and local partners;
- Make recommendations on programmatic and operational adaptations based on risk assessments and feedback from local partners;
- Ensure financial compliance oversight with Bangkok-based Finance Manager and timely spending of program budgets with the Business Manager and Finance Officer;
- Ensure top-level M&E and cutting-edge reporting are developed and maintained in coordination with regional and headquarters M&E staff;
- Prepare proposals/reports/budgets (write, edit, proof, revise);
- Prepare correspondence and reports from local conferences and discussion panels;
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives;
- Represent Internews at various conferences and events;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Five or more years program management experience, including experience managing closed state or special project workflow projects
- Excellent cross cultural communication skills
- Experience working in the media sector with media organizations a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience managing databases
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Relevant university degree required
- Native-level English fluency, to publishable quality
- Second language relevant to the region is required
Please, find all the details and apply here.