Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Remote in United States or MENA Region
Internews is looking for a Regional Program Officer in the MENA Region.
About the opportunity:
Under the supervision of the MENA Regional Program Manager, the MENA Program Officer performs high-level tasks and directly manages at least one Internews project with fiscal oversight of the program. In addition, the Program Officer supports other programs within the Program Unit.
Ideal candidates must have extraordinary attention to detail and organizational capacity; great written and oral communication skills; a love for keeping things moving and on track; a voracious desire to learn; and the desire to help protect human rights defenders, journalists, and marginalized people around the world.
- Lead donor reporting process for projects, as needed;
- Oversee program updates and internal briefs on MENA programming;
- Identify opportunities for new program development and expansion;
- Support the development of strategic INGO partnerships;
- Support recruitment and hiring for the MENA team;
- Train and mentor new MENA staff;
- Lead monthly coordination calls with local project teams;
- Supervise at least one member of Internews MENA staff;
- Represent Internews at conferences and events, with funders and with policy experts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- At least 5 years proven programmatic experience in relevant non-profit
- Degree or advanced degree in a related field, or equivalent professional work experience
- Strong writing and editing skills are essential
- Proven experience in donor engagement and business development
- Keen understanding and interest in the Middle East and North Africa Region
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do any task required to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent research skills and relevant experience, and proficiency in MS Office
- Strong teamwork experience and proven track record of collaborative approach to problem solving
- Fluency in written and spoken English with superb writing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Highly organized and structured
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Writing and speaking fluency in Arabic, French or Kurdish
- Knowledge of USG regulations and procedures
This is a remote-based position. Preference will be given to candidates based in US and MENA region; however, all remote candidates will be considered. However, there are some locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated term of 12 months; this position may be extended contingent upon availability of funding.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
To apply, please click here.