Internews is seeking a Program Officer for its department in Asia. Under the supervision of the Regional Director, the Program Officer for Asia provides strategic support and oversight on a variety of department tasks, including project management, donor reporting, donor relations, proposal development, and communications. The Program Officer is responsible for management-level support for a variety of projects within the Asia program unit. Regular travel within Asia will be required.
- Provide strategic, operational, and representational assistance to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommending program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track.
- Manage country program operations or parts of these programs as delegated by the Regional Director.
- Support the development and implementation of annual work plans for projects across Asia where required.
- In surge capacity, assist program units with short-term program tasks including reporting, budget development, and other tasks as needed.
- Carry out research in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives as requested.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organizations and ensure that implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and program participants.
- Support country offices on proposal development, fundraising, and organizational development.
- Provide reporting on all aspects of grants management to donors as required.
- Work closely with country-based program teams and Regional Director to proof and edit quarterly reports and ensure they are submitted on a timely basis.
- Represent Internews at conferences and events when needed, with funders and with policy experts.
- Perform high-level grants and contracts support including reviewing RFA/Ps and tracking, monitoring, and analysis of all grants and contracts in line with operational program plans.
- Liaise with Internews administration and control staff in the US on contracts, subgrants, procurement, and payments.
- Coordinate with other departments within Internews to ensure effective support for country office programs.
- Provide budget authority for grants, procurements, and other payments.
- Track budget and activities for program unit as required.
- Build and sustain relationships with donors at the country and regional levels.
- Lead the design of project proposals in conjunction with country teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Minimum 4 years of programmatic experience in relevant non-profit organizations – experience in a non-profit media development organization a significant plus.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- Advanced/ native-level English language speaking, reading, and writing skills; fluency in an additional Asian regional language a significant plus.
- Grant proposal writing experience, and proven text-editing proficiency.
- Experience in developing or supporting programs.
- Willingness to travel within the Asia-Pacific region.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate.
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening.
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Technical knowledge and experience designing and implementing programs to address mis/disinformation desired.
- Knowledge of South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Maldives, Sri Lanka) desired.
- Experience living or working in South Asia desired.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This is a remote-based position. Preference will be given to candidates in the Southeast Asia region; however, all remote candidates will be considered. Please note that here are some locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated term of 12 months; this position may possibly be extended, contingent upon funding.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Remote in Asia