The Program Associate – Asia Programs position supports projects in Asia. The Program Associate will provide a broad range of administrative and project support including maintaining administrative systems and editing and writing reports and communication materials.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Internews’ Headquarters offices are currently closed, and staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. This is a remote-first position, and candidates from anywhere the world are welcome to apply; however, preference will be given to candidates based in the US and the Asia region. Those who would prefer an office based position should feel free to express this preference.You should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated in part to align with those of colleagues based in Asia and on the East Coast of the United States (GMT -5 ). Please note that this position is not eligible for a relocation allowance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Asia field teams to ensure reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation of all projects is completed according to the standards and timeline set by the donor;
- Ensure timely and professional production of additional project deliverables, such as research papers or evaluations. This will often include copy-editing and design, as well as packaging narrative reports for timely submission;
- Work with Asia Country Leads to develop monthly program updates to share across the organization;
- Maintain reporting tracker, donor matrices, and other program support tools;
- Contribute to the development of new project proposals including desk research, activity design, past performance assessment, proposal writing, and budget narratives;
- Work with the field teams and Internews Communications department in Washington, D.C. and Arcata, CA to produce communications and outreach materials, including web stories, two-pagers, briefing papers, and fact sheets;
- Assist with Accounts Payable functions, such as follow-up on consultant payments and ensuring accurate payment details are provided as needed;
- Assist with Human Resources related functions, such as preparing consultant scopes of work and requests for consulting agreements or modifications to existing agreements, as well as recruitment;
- Maintain Internews’ internal knowledge management database with files, documents, and information specific to Asia programs;
- Provide support to Asia field offices with procurement requests to Grants and Contracts;
- Provide support with organizing international travel and logistics, including with visa application processing;
- Represent Internews at related events and other external meetings as necessary and provide readout notes to team members;
- Coordinate HQ support for local field office registrations;
- Travel across Asia to provide support to country teams, as needed (contingent on resources and Operations/Security clearance);
- Other duties as assigned;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- B.A. in International Relations, Political Science, Communications, or a related field;
- Highly computer literate with skills in Microsoft Office; InDesign and Photoshop an advantage;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, professional and a team player;
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Willing to take early-morning or evening calls on a periodic basis;
- Must possess an ability to work with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, and sensitivity to different cultures;
- Ability and willingness to travel to Asia, COVID restrictions allowing;
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver and good humored.
Please, find more information and apply here.