For the Ads for News initiative, Internews seeks an outreach officer experienced in working with media buying agencies, the brands they represent, and programmatic advertising. The successful candidate will lead our rollout of this initiative at a pivotal moment for news media globally.
Working closely with and reporting to the Ads for News program lead (Internews’ Senior Director for Media Business), the Outreach Officer will secure test campaigns and longer-term ad spend commitments from brands and their media buying agencies, while continuously striving to deliver safe ad environments and unparalleled news advertising benefits to brands and their campaigns.
Currently, all Internews’ headquarters offices are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and Internews staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. Ultimately, this position will be based remotely.
Due to the concentration of brand and advertising agency groups’ head offices in London and New York, the ideal candidate for this role will have contacts and experience from major US and/or European markets, from which further contacts can be developed in our other markets.
All remote candidates will be considered. Work hours are moderately flexible but are generally Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm. You should apply with the understanding that some flexibility will be required to accommodate coordination with colleagues and counterparts in other time zones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Outbound and inbound business development activity targeting brands and media buying agencies
- Supporting the Program Lead in liaising with and onboarding news media outlets, programmatic advertising platforms and supporting organizations
- Attending and speaking at industry events to promote Ads for News
- Working with local in-country partners to maintain and expand our list and support their outreach efforts
- Gathering data from brands, agencies and ad platforms on ad spend and performance from using Ads for News
- Supporting the creation of learning materials for publishers, to help them create safe and effective advertising environments for brands
- Updating all outreach activity in Salesforce CRM
- Providing regular reports and analysis to management
- Other duties as assigned
- In all duties, demonstrated understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Relevant university degree required
- At least three years’ experience working with brands and media buying agencies
- Experience working with programmatic advertising
- Excellent communication skills in English: speaking, writing and listening
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel
- Proficiency in a second language is preferred
- Proficiency in using Salesforce CRM is preferred, but not essential
Find more information and apply here.