Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Remote in Thailand
Internews Network is an international media development organization, whose mission is to give people a voice and the information to empower communities. To support the implementation of programs, Internews is seeking an Operations Officer. The Operations Officer will support the project team in all program activities. The Operations Officer reports to and will be supervised by the Senior Project Manager, and will closely work with other project staff, including Research, Grants coordinators, project partners, and grantees.
- Provide primary support to the Senior Program Manager in developing, documenting, and maintaining a comprehensive administrative workplan required to support all program activities.
- Coordinate staff inputs to work planning and liaise regularly with program staff to ensure the smooth rollout of administrative processes.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for training partners and beneficiaries for administrative processes.
- Conduct first and second-tier security vetting as needed of trainees, vendors, third party bank account holders and others receiving payments
- Collate and document partner and beneficiary data required for payments and subgrants, as well as conduct multiple administrative processes needed for grant applications, contracts, payments, procurements from vendors, reconciliation of expenses, completing forms, templates etc.
- Set up online survey forms (Google or Qualtrics is used) and test the form
- Collect data from pre-test at the start of the training from the post-test on the last day of the training.
- Ensure participants also complete a feedback form at the close of the training.
- Maintain office administration: pay bills, track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Work with a senior manager and finance staff to conduct monthly cash count
- Work with finance staff to process the payment for partners, beneficiaries and service providers
- Assist staff with the creation of PowerPoint presentations, organograms and other visuals
- Assist in arranging and facilitating travel and logistics for trainings, workshops, and other events as assigned
- Any other assignments as required
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in media, development or other related subjects;
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a multi-part workload
- Highly organized and pro-active in being able to create organizing systems in the office, create schedules, timelines and other tools that help everyone stay organized
- Experience working with MS Office Applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Teams;
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and maintain effective (remote) communication with colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), organizational and interpersonal skills;
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This is a remote-based position. The ideal candidate is based in Thailand. All remote candidates will be considered. However, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a term position with an expected end date in November 2024.
To apply, please click here.