Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Internews seeks an Office Manager for a US Government-funded project focused on championing a strong independent media sector in Armenia, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Ukraine that is resistant to powerful interests seeking to manipulate, isolate, or control the press. The Office Manager will manage the daily operations of the Internews’ Hungary office, maintain office equipment, and handle logistics for meetings in coordination with Headquarters and project staff, and third-party vendors. The Office Manager will report to the Project Director.
- Manage the daily operations of the Internews’ Hungary office, including ordering supplies, greeting and otherwise assisting visitors, distributing mail, etc.
- Manage the maintenance of all office equipment.
- Schedule and handle logistics for meetings and events as requested.
- In coordination with other project staff and third party vendors, manage logistics and communications for project events (e.g. large multi-country conferences, trainings, workshops), including liaising with and gathering information for contracts and payments from vendors and speakers/trainers, sending out informational updates to participants, arranging travel and hotels, on-site event management, etc.
- Coordinate with other project and Headquarters staff to track consultant visits and facilitate their contracting, travel, and payments.
- Assist programmatic staff in developing official documentation, such as communications materials, memos, etc.
- Compile and submit VAT reimbursement requests.
- Represent Internews at meetings and events as assigned.
- Follow Internews guidelines on data security.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- At least two years of administrative experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent standard of education.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including writing and grammar and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and other common software and web applications.
- Ability to work with sensitive data and confidential information.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment using remote collaboration and communication tools.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Fluency in Hungarian and English required, as well as in at least one of the following languages: Armenian, Georgian, Polish, Romanian, and/or Ukrainian.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Internews plans to open a field office in Hungary. Ultimately, this role will be based in Budapest, Hungary. However, you must have work authorization in this location that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-duration position, with an expected end date of 2024.
To apply, please click here.