Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for a USAID-funded media support and civil society initiative with the general goal of further strengthening independent media and civil society in Jordan. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will oversee all monitoring and evaluation activities and will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks and systems; collecting, verifying, and reporting data on program activities; and capturing impact, learning, and best practices.
- Work with the Chief of Party, Internews’ M&E staff, and local partners to design reporting and M&E framework and systems.
- Hold Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) check-ins with relevant staff members and use feedback to adapt the MEL plan and data collection systems accordingly.
- Manage and lead staff to effectively implement the MEL plan and manage the M&E reporting processes.
- Collect, verify, and report M&E data in compliance with USAID’s and Internews’ data quality standards.
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and user-friendly way.
- Monitor, review, and ensure the quality of M&E data from key partners, grantees, and technical specialists.
- Input all required training and M&E data into USAID’s online systems as required by the project agreement.
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline assessments and other surveys according to the approved workplan.
- Assist the Chief of Party and other project staff in producing regular, timely, and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines. Work closely with project and HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary.
- Coordinate with subgrantees to ensure their timely submission of monitoring and evaluation data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donor standards for quality, detail, and clarity.
- Respond to requests from the donor and HQ staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact.
- Produce project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in collaboration with other project staff as required.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- University degree in social science, development, or related field or equivalent lived/professional experience required
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of performance measurement for social development activities and/or media.
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems. Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID’s database systems.
- Experience with relevant M&E and communication software, including Excel, SPSS, In-Design, Photoshop, etc.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising staff.
- Ability to work in Jordan.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English required.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets and civil society organizations in Jordan is an asset.
- Advanced degree and/or professional training in M&E is preferred.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) policies.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Internews has a field office in Jordan. Ultimately, this role will be based in Amman, Jordan. Wherever possible, Internews works to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited duration position, with an expected end date of March 2027.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Amman, Jordan