Internews Network is an international media development organization, whose mission is to give people a voice and the information to empower communities. To support program implementation, Internews seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer. The MEL Officer will support the project team in collecting, collating, analyzing, and reporting monitoring information on the project indicator framework in line with Internews’ data quality standards to ensure ongoing monitoring of program progress and performance to inform learning and adaptation of the project in real time. The MEL Officer report to and will be supervised by the Senior Project Manager, and closely work with other project staff, including trainers, research and grants coordinators, and project partners and grantees.
- Work closely with the Senior Project Manager to ensure effective gathering of monitoring and evaluation information from each workshop;
- Co-design monitoring and evaluation tools of the project;
- Attend training events and workshops to conduct pre-and post tests for evaluation purposes;
- Coordinate with partners and grantees to collect data around the indicators in the project log frame, using data collection tools;
- Enter data into project databases, including cleaning, coding data and identifying gaps and irregularities;
- Analyze or automize the analysis of this data, identifying trends and outliers;
- Write periodic (monthly, quarterly, bi-annual) monitoring and/or evaluation reports and provide data for performance tables;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships within the project team and project partners and grantees;
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in media, development or other related subjects; or equivalent lived/professional experience;
- Strong monitoring and evaluation experience with Southeast Asia media/journalism, civil society, or other capacity-building projects;
- Proven experience in qualitative and quantitative research, including research methodologies, primary data collection, entry, analysis and reporting;
- Experience and knowledge of MEL preferred, including designing monitoring and evaluation tools, experience working with indicator frameworks, monitoring tools and/or conducting evaluations preferably on USAID project;
- Good analytical and report writing skills;
- English is required and Burmese is preferred;
- Experience working with MS Office Applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Teams;
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and maintain effective (remote) communication with colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize a shifting workload.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This is a remote-based position. The ideal candidate is based in Thailand. All remote candidates will be considered. However, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a term position with an expected end date in November 2024.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Remote in Thailand