Internews Network is an international media development organization, whose mission is to give people a voice and the information to empower communities to support program implementation. Internews seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager will oversee and manage monitoring databases for the project. They will be responsible for data quality, ensuring that this is in line with Internews standards. The MEL Manager will be primarily responsible for developing weekly, monthly and bi-annual reports on the project based on the data. For this purpose, they will facilitate periodic project reviews and coordinate internal learning, including with partners. Reporting to the Director of MEL, the MEL Manager will oversee and manage the MEL Officer, ensuring that their data collection, entry and analysis adheres to Internews quality standards. They will further evolve and implement the MEL framework alongside the Director of MEL, including the redesign of monitoring tools and databases. The MEL Manager will work closely with the Director of Programs, Deputy Director of Programs, Project/Research Coordinator, regional and global MEL specialists, and project partners.
- Co-design monitoring tools and databases, together with the MEL Director of the project;
- Oversee and manage monitoring databases for the project, including conducting regular data quality checks to ensure that this is in line with Internews standards;
- Oversee and manage the MEL Officer, ensuring they have the knowledge and skills to effectively collect, enter and analyze data on the project indicators in line with Internews quality standards;
- Conduct regular team/partner MEL capacity assessments and provide MEL capacity building support in response;
- Develop regular (weekly, monthly and bi-annual) and ad hoc reports on the project based on the data collected, including for Internews and donor standardized indicator reporting;
- Facilitate periodic internal (team) and wider (partner) project reviews based on the data and learning;
- Coordinate internal learning, including sharing and discussing data trends and findings with program staff and partners;
- Further evolve and innovate the MEL framework alongside the Director of MEL, including changing outcomes and indicators in response to program adaptation and learning, and exploring new monitoring and evaluation approaches that might provide additional depth to the data collected;
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- A minimum of five years of relevant M&E or research experience, preferably on media projects;
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in media, development, social science, or a related field or equivalent lived/professional experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Ideally: Experience living and working in Southeast Asia, with media, including an understanding of the ongoing political and societal circumstances;
- Proven experience with qualitative and quantitative research, including research methodologies, primary data collection, entry and analysis;
- Knowledge of and preferably experience in quantitative data analysis, including working with various statistical analysis software;
- Experience in developing theories of change or logic models, results frameworks or other indicator frameworks,
- Knowledge of current MEL discussions and a vivid interest in designing and testing an innovative and learning focused MEL system;
- Excellent written and spoken ability in English language, including the ability to produce high-quality reports.
- Experience working with MS Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams;
- Ability to motivate others, work independently as well as in a team, and establish and maintain effective (remote) communication with colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize a shifting workload;
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on the About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Ultimately, this position will be based remotely in Thailand.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This a limited duration position, with an expected end date of 10 August 2024.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Remote in Thailand