Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Project Manager who will ensure the supervision and technical direction of the Rooted in Trust project in Madagascar. They will be responsible for managing relationships with partners and sub-recipients and ensuring compliance with donor requirements. The Project Manager will be the primary program representative to the USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) and other stakeholders. They will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of project implementation in Madagascar, including proper implementation of activities and the timely completion of all deliverables and reports.
Scope of work:
Under the supervision of the Senior Project Manager (Africa), the Project Manager is responsible for leading the project by ensuring the effectiveness and quality of deliverables and managing the project budget:
- Supervise the implementation and management of the project, particularly in its strategic vision, the quality of deliverables, and coordination with partners;
- Responsible for the management of experts assigned to the implementation of the project;
- Be the point of contact for the project funder and the Internews headquarters teams;
- Maintain and develop relationships with the various project stakeholders;
- Oversee the creation of project communication tools;
- Be in charge of Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the project;
- Ensure that expenditures are made in accordance with the regulatory rules established by the funder and Internews’ internal rules;
- Be responsible for submitting reports and deliverables to the funder (work plan, narrative reports, etc.);
- Other activities as needed.
- Solid experience in complex project management and consortium management
- Good knowledge of humanitarian contexts in Madagascar (especially Kéré)
- Significant experience in the humanitarian sector, governance, or media development
- Good knowledge of the communication and media sectors in Madagascar
- Good knowledge of the management rules of international donors. Project management experience with USAID and Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance-funded projects
- Diplomacy and ability to communicate
- Ability to develop and monitor work plans
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly; problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills in French (written and spoken)
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent writing skills, especially report-writin
This position will be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar. The candidate may also travel to provinces covered by the project, including Vakinarkaratra, Haute Masiatra, Vatovavy-Fitovinany, Anosy and Androy. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon. This is a limited-duration position with an expected end date in December 2022.
To apply, please submit a CV (maximum 3 pages) with a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and 3 professional references (including at least one supervisor from your most recent work experience) here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Antananarivo, Madagascar