Internews is seeking an Operations and Logistics Officer in Morocco to support the implementation of a project that aims to improve the ability of media actors and women human rights defenders (WHRDs) in Morocco to report on the issue of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and combat harmful gender norms, thereby strengthening the accountability of related reforms, laws, and commitments. The Operations Officer will be responsible for coordinating the logistics of the project and Internews’ operation in Morocco. The ideal candidate will have previous experience coordinating logistics, and will demonstrate excellent judgement and initiative in complex situations.
This position will eventually be based in our Rabat, Morocco office, and preference will be given to candidates based in Rabat. However, a candidate from another location will be considered, provided they have the ability and desire to relocate to Rabat.
- Oversee all logistical elements of project implementation, including but not limited to organizing trainings and travel and coordinating security for trainees, staff, consultants, etc.;
- Prepare logistical plans for all project activities, including timelines and budget estimates when applicable;
- Ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of project activities;
- Lead on pivoting to online implementation, and set up the digital infrastructure for activities whenever necessary;
- Ensure that documentation such as visas for trainees, consultants and expatriate staff members; contracts; insurance; travel clearance, etc. are completed;
- Understand any logistical and security challenges of working in Morocco, especially under current COVID-19 restrictions;
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records for audit purposes;
- Perform any other duties as required;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated Commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, logistics and operations, or a related field OR equivalent work experience
- At least 4+ years relevant experience
- Previous experience coordinating logistics in Morocco
- Proven ability to handle sensitive, confidential materials in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities
- Must have initiative and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize within a shifting workload
- Ability to communicate and foster collaboration with colleagues, partners, and external agencies
- Ability to use judgement regarding the safety of personnel, analyze and understand complex situations, and translate this into specific policy advice
- Independence, the ability to take initiative, and a sense of responsibility
- English proficiency
- Good command of Arabic and French
More information here.