Internews is seeking a Finance Coordinator for a 5-year media support and civil society initiative with the general goal of further strengthening independent media and civil society in Jordan. The Finance Coordinator is a member of the finance team supporting a program portfolio providing financial support to assist in the successful completion of the project on budget and in accordance with grants. The Finance Coordinator will work closely with and under the supervision of the Finance Officer to assist with the financial management of the project. The Finance Coordinator position will be located in Amman and will report to the Finance Officer.
- Prepare and maintain program accounting and documentation to ensure compliance with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures.
- Prepare payments to local and international outside service providers.
- Assist in preparation of field cash requests, wire transfer requests, as well as prepares monthly cash analysis for programs.
- Support the financial records reconciliation of expenditures, balances, statements, and other day-to-day transactions through Internews ERP system.
- Support in preparing the Month End Reports (MER) financial reports and reconcile all related accounts using Internews ERP system.
- Preparation of staff cash advances, expenses reimbursement and other staff related payments.
- Checking the procurement documents to ensure that all procurements are made as per Internews policies.
- Support in preparing the local payroll and maintain local taxes payments and compliance.
- Checking subaward financial reports and subcontracts in coordination with the Grants team.
- Support the internal/external audits visits including documentation retention and accessibility.
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or any related field or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience working with NGOs.
- Previous experience with accounting systems.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office suites, particularly Excel.
- Strong communication skill, with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
- Ability and permission to reside and work in Amman – Jordan without Internews sponsorship.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with donor-funded projects.
- Experience with Unit 4 Agresso.
- Working knowledge of OMB Circulars.
- Experience working with remote teams.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Ultimately, this role will be based in Amman, Jordan.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated end date in March 2027.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Amman, Jordan