Internews is seeking to recruit three Field Researchers in Indore, India to conduct quantitative and qualitative data collection for the Information Ecosystem Assessment of the Clean Air Catalyst project. Working under the guidance and leadership of the Lead Researcher, the Field Researchers will collect and analyze the local information ecosystem in relation to air pollution and contribute to efforts to capture public and key stakeholders’ understanding of the sources of air pollution and the impacts on their health. The Field Researchers will conduct focus group discussions and in-depth interviews with key informants and analyze the social media, community media and mainstream media to identify, discuss and analyze the amain information sources, related to air pollution at local levels, and what people do with the information they have.
Scope of Work
- Gather widely circulated online and offline public information about air pollution in Indore and conduct an analysis of the information collected;
- Identify community groups for the Information Ecosystem Assessment (IEA) and organize and facilitate focus group discussions with these groups, taking turns to take notes with the other researchers;
- Identify and conduct interviews with key informants, including community leaders, influencers, business leaders, public health and humanitarian agency officials, local government officials, media leaders;
- Identify information flows, uses, popular platforms, trusted actors, and how information on air pollution is produced, distributed, and accessed;
- Write up transcripts and deliver regular reporting to the Lead Researcher and project team;
- Perform any other duties as agreed upon with the Lead Researcher and Project Officer.
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience in qualitative research, environmental science, data analysis, public health and similar fields
- Extensive community networks and experience working with local communities
- Strong knowledge of Indore’s mainstream and social media ecosystem
- Some research skills, including qualitative and quantitative methodologies, like Focus Group Discussions, Key Informant Interviews, social media observation and analysis, surveys, etc.
- Native level fluency in Hindi language
- Good speaking, reading, writing skills in English
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Knowledge and experience in environmental protection and public health considered an asset, particularly related to air pollution
- Video production and editing skills, photo editing skills
- Graphic design and data visualization skills and knowledge of relevant software to produce infographics
- Knowledge of other languages and dialects widely spoken in Indore
Please, find more details here.