Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Our vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Grants and Contracts Analyst (GCA) reports to the Director of the Grants and Contracts Department and supports overall administration of proposals, awards, acquisition contracts and procurements of goods, and assistance subawards, in compliance with prime funder requirements and Internews policy. As an administrative support position, this role also requires excellent written communication that provides friendly, supportive, creative solutions and guidance to programmatic counterparts.
Internews is looking to hire a candidate who will be based in either of our US Headquarters locations of Arcata, California or Washington, DC. Alternatively, the position may be based remotely in a location that allows for collaboration and crossover with Internews’ Grants and Contracts department based in California.
Internews is a very diverse organization globally. We value and strive to cultivate the perspectives that result from the inclusivity of different voices, and the foundation of our work is to support free and open communications between all people. We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We are an EEO employer and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for any of our open positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Reviews, edits, and submits funding proposals/applications in compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy. Note: this position does not write proposals – the GCA ensures that proposals are compliant with the funders’ content, formatting, and regulatory requirements and limitations, as well as Internews’ policies.
- Analyses proposal budgets for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy.
- Communicates with funders regarding negotiation of award terms and conditions, award modifications, and approvals, as required.
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed procurements for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy requirements, including cost reasonableness and allowability.
- Drafts and, within delegated authority threshold, approves service contracts and amendments.
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement records in Internews’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform, including significant data entry responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement files in Internews’ digital auditable records, setting and managing access permissions.
- Provides expert guidance to program staff and operational departments on funding award compliance issues, communicating complex considerations, regulations, and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepares procurement documentation for audits.
- Serves as/supports point of contact for procurement audit issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Understanding of and experience with administration of US Government (USG) grants, cooperative agreements and contracts; experience with US Agency for International Development (USAID) awards highly desirable.
- Experience with administrative systems of international Non-Governmental Organizations (highly desirable).
- Experience in administration of procurement of goods and services, including development and evaluation of RFPs/RFQs (helpful).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Creative and cooperative problem-solving skills for complex situations.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficiency in current versions of MS Office with emphasis in Excel.
- Strong database management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- University degree OR equivalent professional experience.
To apply, please visit the Internews website: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1206