Internews is seeking to hire a Humanitarian Information Manager for The Internews Humanitarian Information Service (HIS).
The HIS serves people in need of answers in times of crisis. The consortium aims to improve communication with communities by ensuring that community engagement/feedback, the provision of information, and participation are continuous throughout the response and effectively documented, coordinated, and addressed. HIS projects establish community-based information services run by members of the community, for the community. This will be done by collecting community data, including questions, rumours and concerns, and addressing these with locally relevant information from reliable sources through available and trusted channels, including peer-to-peer, social media, local media and community engagement efforts by partners, while continuously informing health agencies and local governments about the conversations that are happening within the communities, to ensure their perspectives are included in the decision-making processes.
Scope of Work:
- Support qualitative data collection/feedback gathering by Internews field staff and partners and suggesting improvements where necessary
- Collate and clean up data sets from different data streams (face-to-face, focus group discussions, online social media data collection, etc.) to enable collective data analysis
- Provide training to relevant partners when necessary to improve qualitative data collection
- Ensure timely, consistent and accurate documentation of data to help turn qualitative data into useful content
- Provide regular updates to the Humanitarian Data Analyst on relevant topics and trends
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation activities to asses impact, reach and quality of the on-going project
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors
- Strong in research, information management and/or monitoring and evaluation in development/humanitarian contexts
- Proficient in English and Fluency in Thai
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong data visualisation skills and knowledge of the software to produce infographics
- Strong software skills to ensure proper design and lay-out of the regular reports
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of, and commitment towards editorial values of the project
- Understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Full details about the position are available here.