Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Their vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. They have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Read more about Internews’ work here.
Internews is seeking temporary consultants to support their efforts to address the impact of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak in countries with developing public infrastructures. The primary goal of Internews’ response is to address the challenges rising in response to the outbreak by increasing access to accurate, timely, and reliable information in local languages from trusted sources, thereby enabling the public to make informed decisions about the risks associated with COVID-19.
Their teams will help identify and understand hyper-local information needs that are not solely concerned with health behaviors, and can identify and track rumors, misinformation, and disinformation campaigns related to the virus that may cause risks to public health.
Internews is seeking consultants to join their response team with a mix of the following skills, including:
- Qualitative data collection and analysis skills including rumor tracking, social media monitoring, online listening groups, and direct community engagement;
- Content creation skills including online news stories, social media posts, video production, data visualization, infographic and graphic design and editing production, and other forms of effective online storytelling;
- Monitoring and evaluation and impact asssessment for our on-going projects;
- Training facilitation on health journalism, fact-checking, social media monitoring and online content production;
- Skills in coordinating various stakeholders on communications, humanitarian, public health, and media stakeholders.
- Knowledge of humanitarian communications, public health communications, and/or crisis response techniques considered an asset;
- Strong in research, information management and/or monitoring and evaluation in development/humanitarian contexts;
- Proficient in English;
- Strong knowledge of the local-language social media ecosystem;
- Good understanding of COVID-19 and or other health emergencies;
- Strong understanding of the local context;
- Relevant experience working with data collection & analysis sotware, including Kobo Toolbox, excel and similar software;
- Strong data management skills, including thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Data visualization skills and knowledges of produce info-graphics is a plus;
- Strong software skills to ensure proper design and lay-out of the regular reports; and
- Knowledge of the languages widely spoken in Southeast Asia is a plus.
Full details about the position are available here.