The Capacity Building Specialist provides strategic direction, project management leadership, and technical expertise in organizational development to support effective and streamlined programming in Indonesia. The Capacity Building Specialist is a key member of the Senior Leadership team and works closely with the Chief of Party, Media Engagement Specialist, and M&E Specialist. The Capacity Building Specialist is responsible for the successful engagement and coordination of local media partners, as well as management and communication of impact across all activities for Internews in Indonesia.
This position is based in Jakarta, with some travel to field locations across Indonesia.
- Contribute new ideas and develop initiatives related to media development, media innovation and media partnerships in the Indonesia context;
- Support the Chief of Party and Media Engagement Specialist to develop draft work project plans, agreement modification requests. Respond to donor inquiries and strengthen long-term strategy for Internews Indonesia;
- Develop organization-wide project and personnel management systems, processes and tools including rollout and support to ensure wide adoption and use;
- Ensure two-way communication and feedback between all departments, staff, partners, donors and stakeholders;
- Lead technical assessments of project beneficiaries to identify their needs and develop plans to address those needs; ensure that beneficiaries adhere to their plans to meet their stated goals;
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of a capacity building program for selected partners;
- Develop and utilize capacity building tools and approaches to support seven core implementing partners on the “Journey to Self-Reliance”;
- Support a communications strategy to articulate the full scope and impact of the project on a regular basis to external and internal stakeholders;
- Support Internews’ partnerships component, in close collaboration with the Grants and Compliance Manager and Subgrants Manager. Support financial capacity strengthening of partners as part of this process;
- Ensure good knowledge management across grants, including key project documentation, to enable all teams supporting the grant to access information and provide a fully auditable trail;
- Explore new partnerships with USAID and implementing partners in collaboration with the Senior Leadership team;
- Develop concept notes and agreements for potential or new media partnerships;
- Oversee the performance and impact measurement for Internews in Indonesia, including collection and monitoring of all data, processing and verification, in close collaboration with the M&E Specialist;
- Support donor reporting in close collaboration with the M&E Specialist and CoP.;
- Responsible for keeping meticulous records, archives and databases for all activities and ensuring they are updated regularly.
- BA, MPA, or MA in Business, non-profit management, social science, development, evaluation, or related field OR equivalent standard of education
- Knowledge of and interest in technological solutions for increasing project and team efficiency, productivity, collaboration, engagement, communication, accountability and morale
- Strong hands-on media and/or capacity building background in a development context
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation for social programs and/or media
- Familiarity with both qualitiative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems
- Exceptional and inspired English writing skills, to a publishable standard. Writing samples and portfolio required.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising diverse staff
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored and flexible
- Experience living and working in Asia
- Ability to travel within Indonesia. Willingness to spend extended time in the field, with limited facilities, often under harsh conditions.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia a plus.
To apply, please visit the Internews website: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1183