Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Amman, Jordan
Internews is seeking a Grants Manager (GM) for a USG Project. The Grants Manager will be responsible for oversight of the Project’s grants component, including preparation of all documents required for successful implementation of the Project, including a grants manual, grant templates, grant approval requests, etc. The Grants Manager will provide leadership in the overall technical and contractual management of a large portfolio of sub-partners under the Project. The GM will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the grant selection, awarding and administration processes, including tracking all grants, ensuring grant applications and paperwork comply with USG and Internews rules and regulations, suggesting corrective measures, and providing technical assistance as needed. The Grants Manager will also provide technical assistance for grantees related to a broad range of compliance, programmatic and administrative needs for effective programming. The GM position will be based in Amman and will report to the Director of Operations.
- Provide leadership and oversight for grants and contracts management on the project.
- Assist in designing the grants programs and solicitations.
- Ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable Internews and donor policies and procedures.
- Manage and ensure compliance for all subawards to implementing partners.
- Ensure compliance with USG rules and regulations and Internews policies and procedures.
- Train all program and grants staff on grants manual and grants management system, to quickly and easily assess the status and performance of each grantee, including any implementation issues.
- Work with program staff to establish and effectively maintain a compliant grants management system.
- Coordinate closely with a team of program and grants officers to support local organizations in finalizing project proposals and budgets, and to monitor and report on grantee activities.
- Develop and manage subaward solicitation processes.
- Maintain an online grant tracking system and ensure compliant monitoring and reporting on grant activities.
- Train and mentor relevant project staff and implementing partners on managing and monitoring subawards.
- Ensure the effective start-up and close out of all sub-grants.
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- Supervise the grants team based in Jordan in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience of 7 years.
- Substantial related experience working in project grant management for NGOs, with strong knowledge of international donor requirements.
- Familiarity with civil society, media and advocacy environment in Jordan is preferred.
- Familiarity with project finance management, including financial controls, accounting, auditing.
- Previous work with INGOs and knowledge of USG donor regulations and requirements.
- Native Arabic speaker.
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet diverse workloads and competing deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and flexible work style.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to multitask highly desired.
- Appreciation of and ability to work effectively in, diverse work environments.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This role will be based in Amman, Jordan.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon
This a limited duration position, with an expected end date of March 2027.
Note: Hiring of this position is contingent upon required donor approvals.
To apply, please click here.