Internews seeks a candidate for the position of Grants Manager who will manage the implementing partner grants and field grants in Hungary on two US government-funded projects collectively focused on championing a strong independent media sector in Armenia, Georgia, Hungary, Poland, Romania, and Ukraine. They will work directly with counterparts in Internews’ Washington, DC and Arcata offices to ensure a smooth flow of sub-grant requests and documentation from project target countries to the US and sub-grant funding from the US to project target countries. They will maintain communication with sub recipients on administrative and management questions. They will also work to ensure activities in compliance with the funder requirements. This role will report to the Project Director, who will be based in Hungary or remotely elsewhere in Europe.
- Work directly with counterparts in Internews’ Washington, DC and Arcata offices to ensure a smooth flow of sub-grant requests and documentation from project target countries to the US and sub-grant funding from the US to project target countries.
- Manage a considerable portion of Internews’ implementing partner and Hungary grant portfolio under supervision of the Project Directors.
- Maintain regular contact with Internews sub-grantees with respect to implementation of projects.
- Coordinate with the project’s country-based staff and implementing partners (local NGOs) on administrative and technical monitoring of subgrants.
- Responsible for developing, translating and updating grant agreements (after consultations with Arcata counterparts).
- Consult Internews partners on all types of reporting. Ensure the reports are submitted by sub-grantees on a timely basis.
- Identify, follow up, monitor, and evaluate funded projects.
- Responsible for maintaining sub-grant agreement and reporting files.
- Keep Project Directors informed of all challenges, issues and successes of sub-grantees.
- Contribute to development of RFAs and other grant-making or solicitation documentation.
- Work closely with the finance staff to ensure that Internews, funder and local regulations are observed in sub-grantee grant execution.
- Provide support as necessary when commissioning services from vendors and contractors, perform due diligence and vendor selection in compliance with Internews’ policies, funder and local/regional regulations, taking care of contractual documentation in collaboration with Internews’ HQ team, when necessary.
- Follow changes in DoS/DRL or other funder, Internews and local requirements.
- Represent Internews at external meetings if assigned by management.
- Assists Project Directors in preparing reports, projections, implementation plans, etc., as needed
- Follow Internews’ guidelines on data security.
- Other tasks if assigned by Internews management.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Four years of experience in grant program design, including design and oversight of RFAs, grant decision making bodies and grants administration and monitoring required.
- Experience in the project region or other similar operating environments required.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities.
- Strong computer skills particularly with MS Excel, Word.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in stress related environments.
- General familiarity with political, economic, and social issues in the Central and East Europe and/or South Caucasus regions.
- Ability to handle multi-faceted programs.
- Ability to work with sensitive data and confidential information.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace.
- English fluency required.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in federal grants management and U.S. government grant regulations – highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Armenian, Georgian, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, and/or Ukrainian languages highly preferred
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Internews plans to open a field office in Hungary. Ultimately, this role will be based in Budapest, Hungary. However, you must have work authorization in this location that does not require sponsorship from Internews.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited-duration position, with an expected end date of 2024.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Budapest, Hungary