ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Grants and Contracts / Subgrants Analyst (GCA/SGA) reports to the Director of the Grants and Contracts Department and supports overall administration of proposals, awards, acquisition contracts and procurements of goods, and assistance subawards, including pre-award due diligence and analysis, subgrant award execution, and post-award monitoring, in compliance with prime funder requirements and Internews policy. As an administrative support position, Grants and Contracts / Subgrants Analyst role also requires excellent written communication that provides friendly, supportive, creative solutions and guidance to programmatic counterparts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Grants and Contracts Analyst
- Reviews, edits, and submits funding proposals/applications in compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy. Note: this position does not write proposals – the GCA ensures that proposals are compliant with the funders’ content, formatting, and regulatory requirements and limitations, as well as Internews’ policies.
- Analyses proposal budgets for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy.
- Communicates with funders regarding negotiation of award terms and conditions, award modifications, and approvals, as required.
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed procurements for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy requirements, including cost reasonableness and allowability.
- Drafts and, within delegated authority threshold, approves service contracts and amendments.
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement records in Internews’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform, including significant data entry responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement files in Internews’ digital auditable records, setting and managing access permissions.
- Provides expert guidance to program staff and operational departments on funding award compliance issues, communicating complex considerations, regulations, and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepares procurement documentation for audits.
- Serves as/supports point of contact for procurement audit issues.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts risk and capacity assessments of potential subrecipients and formulates and applies informed subgrant agreement risk-mitigation provisions.
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed subgrants for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy, including cost reasonableness and allowability.
- Drafts and, within delegated authority threshold, approves subgrant agreements and modifications.
- Tracks and files subgrant-related data and files in Internews systems.
- Reviews and tracks subgrant financial reporting; Investigates financial discrepancies or deficiencies.
- Communicates with and provides expert guidance to program staff on subgrant monitoring/compliance issues, communicating complex ideas, regulations, etc. in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides training to program staff on subgrant administration.
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed Project Administered Subgrant Strategy (PASS) for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy.
- Drafts PASS documents and modifications to delegate subgrant administration authority to project teams.
- Maintains/tracks site visit reports.
- Conducts desk audits of select subgrants.
- Tracks subrecipient audit, vetting, and indirect cost rate compliance.
- Facilitates subgrant close-out process.
- Submits Federal Financial and Accounting Transparency Act (FFATA) reports to Federal Government.
- Manages non-programmatic reporting data related to subgrants including: cost share, host government taxes, financial status, year-end subgrant cash, contributes to monthly subgrant accrual process, etc.
- Prepares subgrant documentation for audits.
- Serves as/supports point of contact for subgrant audit issues.
QUALIFICATIONS OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Understanding of and experience with administration of US Government (USG) grants, cooperative agreements and contracts; experience with US Agency for International Development (USAID) awards highly desirable.
- Experience with administrative systems of international Non-Governmental Organizations (highly desirable).
- Experience monitoring recipients of USG and other funding sources (highly desirable).
- Experience in administration of procurement of goods and services, including development and evaluation of RFPs/RFQs (helpful).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Creative and cooperative problem-solving skills for complex situations.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficiency in current versions of MS Office with emphasis in Excel.
- Strong database management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- University degree OR equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Full information can be found here: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1297
For more job vacancies, please visit the GFMD Jobs and Other Opportunities Page.