The Grants & Contracts and Subgrants Analyst (GCA/SGA) reports to the Senior Director of the Grants and Contracts Department and supports overall administration of proposals, awards, acquisition contracts and procurements of goods, and assistance subawards, including pre-award due diligence and analysis, subgrant award execution, and post-award monitoring, in compliance with prime funder requirements and Internews policy. As an administrative support position, this role also requires excellent written communication that provides friendly, supportive, creative solutions and guidance to programmatic counterparts.
Your day-to-day tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Reviews, edits, and submits funding proposals/applications in compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy. Note: this position does not write proposals – the GCA ensures that proposals are compliant with the funders’ content, formatting, and regulatory requirements and limitations, as well as Internews’ policies;
- Analyzes proposal budgets for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy;
- Communicates with funders regarding negotiation of award terms and conditions, award modifications, and approvals, as required;
- Conducts and documents analysis of proposed procurements for compliance with funder requirements and Internews policy requirements, including cost reasonableness and allowability;
- Drafts and, within delegated authority threshold, approves service contracts and amendments;
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement records in Internews’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform, including significant data entry responsibilities;
- Establishes and maintains proposal, award, project, and procurement files in Internews’ digital auditable records, setting and managing access permissions;
- Provides expert guidance to program staff and operational departments on funding award compliance issues, communicating complex considerations, regulations, and solutions in a clear and concise manner;
- Prepares procurement documentation for audits;
- Serves as/supports point of contact for procurement audit issues;
- Other duties as required; and
- In all duties, understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Understanding of and experience with administration of US Government (USG) grants, cooperative agreements and contracts; experience with US Agency for International Development (USAID) awards highly desirable.
- Experience with administrative systems of international Non-Governmental Organizations (highly desirable).
- Experience monitoring recipients of USG and other funding sources (highly desirable).
- Experience in administration of procurement of goods and services, including development and evaluation of RFPs/RFQs (helpful).
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent critical analysis skills.
- Creative and cooperative problem-solving skills for complex situations.
- Advanced computer skills. Proficiency in current versions of MS Office with emphasis in Excel.
- Strong database management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- University degree OR equivalent professional experience.
Please, apply here.