Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Amman, Jordan
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of gender equality and social inclusive development plan for the project. The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist will work closely with the different technical leads and the Monitoring & Evaluation team, partners and beneficiaries to ensure that principles of gender equality and social inclusion are integrated into all aspects of the project’s design, development, planning, monitoring and implementation.
- Develop a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) plan for the Project activities.
- Identify activities through which the GESI Plan can be utilized and collaborate with the technical team on integrating GESI activities in technical assistance, grants, capacity building, etc.
- Build capacity of staff, partner organizations and beneficiaries to use a GESI approach and provide training, tools and support to mainstream GESI methodologies in their work.
- Provide guidance on engaging vulnerable groups in the design, implementation and evaluation of activities.
- Evaluate GESI challenges within the context of the project and draft specific and context-driven sub-plans to address GESI concerns per activity in coordination with Project leads.
- Ensure that vulnerable groups benefit equally from program activities.
- Cooperate with the Communications Specialist to prepare communications materials that highlight the Project’s GESI approach (success stories, lessons learned, etc.) and support development of GESI sensitive behavior change communication and messages.
- Review program documentation for gender sensitivity and inclusivity (including research design, M&E tools, assessments, annual work plans, programmatic reports, etc.).
- Work with the M&E Manager to identify appropriate GESI indicators and measurement methods to monitor and evaluate Project’s outcomes related to gender equality and inclusion of underserved groups.
- Guide analysis of Project’s data from a gender and inclusion perspective and devise strategies to address issues emerging from the analysis.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with GESI stakeholders, especially within the media and civil society sectors.
- Become familiar with Internews GESI Strategy and participate in any related working groups or training to contribute to and learn from the organization’s GESI culture.
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in gender studies, human rights, development, social science or relevant or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- At least seven years of experience in designing, managing and implementing program activities to promote gender equality and social inclusion for donor-funded development programs in Jordan.
- Experience in developing and delivering GESI-themed content in training materials as well as GESI-focused assessments, training, and organizational capacity building.
- Experience working on GESI with USG funded projects.
- Experience in leading GESI analyses and strategy development for organizations and/or projects.
- Experience in research and data collection and analysis.
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking and ability to facilitate same among project stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both the Arabic and English languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to navigate politically sensitive subjects and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience integrating GESI approaches in the Civil Society and Media sectors is highly desired.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Ultimately, this role will be based in Amman, Jordan.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This a limited duration position, with an expected end date of March 2027.
To apply, please click here.