Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Our vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews is seeking a Finance & Operations Manager for its office in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The Finance & Operations Manager reports to the Country Director. The Finance & Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of all financial operations in line with donor regulations and Internews policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supervise financial recording of a team of accountants.
- Oversee maintenance of all local office financial records.
- Maintain and modify if needed local financial guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with local law & Internews policies.
- Support, train, and advise accountants in field offices (Buvaku, Goma, Lumbashi, Beni and Butembo).
- Supervise payments to local and international outside service providers.
- Oversee petty cash management is maintained at a feasible level for operational activities as per HQ petty cash procedures and policies.
- Manage preparation of internal and external audits. Prepare responses and actions to internal audit comments.
- Provide financial analysis on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests (WTR) for local operational costs.
- Prepare periodic projections for each project in the DRC.
- Oversee financial control of subawards and subcontracts in coordination with the Admin and Compliance Manager.
- Oversee local payroll, maintain local tax compliance and other contractual liabilities.
- Assist with new business development, including budget preparation and forecasting.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- Previous management experience, including staff, financial, and administrative oversight, preferably with an international NGO.
- Proven experience with European and USG funding
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Accuracy in working with large amount of financial and other data
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal financial controls and audit process (e.g. procurement, local sub grants agreements, etc.)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in French and strong working skills in English
- Excellent organizing and multi-tasking skills
To apply, please visit the Internews website: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1137