Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Amman, Jordan
Internews is seeking for a Deputy Chief of Party for a USG-funded media project.
About the opportunity
Reporting directly to the Chief of Party (CoP), the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) is responsible for supporting the CoP in the management and oversight of the project, including partners management, project management, field coordination, providing technical guidance on activities and grants design and implementation, and producing reports.
They will work closely with the Operations Director ensuring that project implementation is in accordance with USG regulations and procedures, and the specifications determined in the contract. They will be required to act as CoP from time-to-time in her/his absence and will also take on delegated CoP responsibilities as required.
Project Management Strategy and Systems
- Supports the Chief of Party (CoP) to develop draft work plans, progress reports, and other project reports, agreement modification requests, respond to donor inquiries, and strengthen long-term strategy for Internews in Jordan.
- Manages and reviews the production of project reports to ensure they are accurate, complete, and written to high editorial standards before submission to CoP.
- Provides technical input and guidance on project partners’ activities design and implementation and manage partners work ensuring coordination and high quality of deliverables.
- Ensures the project activities, including partners deliverables, are in compliance with all grant and cooperative agreement rules, requirements, and regulations, branding and marking, plans as well as with Internews internal policies and procedures where applicable.
- Develops an organization-wide project management system, Gantt charts, processes, and tools, including rollout and support ensuring wide adoption and use by project personnel and partners.
- Ensures two-way communication and feedback between partners, donors, and stakeholders.
Partnerships and Technical Assistance
- Supervises and provides technical assistance for grants issued under the project and ensures sub-grant related deliverables are consistent with project objectives, work plans and anticipated results.
- Serves on the grants selection committee as needed.
- Manages new partnership engagements in collaboration with the project team, as necessary.
- Performs any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- This role entails staff supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Advanced degree in management, international development, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7 years relevant professional experience, 5-7 years’ experience in project and team management. Relevant USG experience is preferred.
- Extensive technical knowledge on media, civil society, advocacy, and policy ecosystem in Jordan.
- Experience overseeing the design and of grants proposals for civil society, media and advocacy programs and overseeing management of their implementation
- Experience with due diligence for the selection of partners.
- Familiarity with gender and inclusion, communication, and USG branding and marking requirements.
- Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems; and monitoring and evaluation for tracking project performance.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with government representatives, project beneficiaries and partners, and other project stakeholders.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience supervising diverse staff.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong writing skills in Arabic and English
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet diverse workloads and competing deadlines.
- Strong organizational and team management skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USG policies.
- Prior experience managing programs in Jordan is highly desired.
- Experience working with remote teams.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited duration position, with an expected end date of March 2027
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
To apply, please click here.