The Program Support Consultant for Europe and Eurasia Programs provides surge support as needed for programmatic tasks, as well as proposal development opportunities within the Europe and Eurasia Program team under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer for Europe and Eurasia.
This is a part-time, remote-based consultancy. The ideal candidate will be based in either the Europe and Eurasia region or on the East Coast of the United States (GMT -5), though candidates based anywhere in the world will be considered. The position will require some flexibility to coordinate with colleagues on the East Coast of the United States and in the Europe and Eurasia region.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Support programmatic development and project management as described below for Internews’ programming within Europe and Eurasia on an ad hoc basis;
- Assist in various stages of proposal development as needed, including research, design, writing, monitoring and evaluation, budget development, coordination, and revision;
- Under guidance from the Europe and Eurasia team, collaborate with staff from other departments and field offices on proposal development as necessary to ensure that proposals are clearly written and designed, accurate, and well-suited to current local needs;
- Review and edit cyclical program deliverables, such as quarterly and final narrative reports, workplans, and Monitoring and Evaluation plans in coordination with field offices and headquarters staff as assigned. As part of the review process, monitor progress towards project deliverables as well as general project compliance, and provide guidance to field teams on report, monitoring and evaluation, compliance, communications, and related issues as necessary;
- Draft and edit success stories, briefers, and other communications materials for Europe and Eurasia projects in coordination with field teams as mutually agreed with Senior Program Officer;
- Stay abreast of news and trends in media development and foreign assistance, particularly as regards the Europe and Eurasia region;
- Other activities as mutually agreed with Senior Program Officer; and
- In all duties, demonstrate understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Three or more years of professional experience supporting US Government (USG) donor-funded projects, including experience contributing to USG proposals; experience supporting USAID- and/or DRL-funded projects strongly preferred
- Experience monitoring and evaluating project results through project level indicators (strongly preferred)
- Solid understanding of media development and/or other civil society development issues; familiarity with these issues in the context of Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, the Caucasus, and Central Asia strongly preferred
- Native-level English fluency required; professional proficiency in Russian strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office programs
- University degree required
Please, find more information and apply here.