Internews is seeking a Community Engagement Consultant for Latin America and the Caribbean.
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Our vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly incubated hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped these partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
The Community Engagement Consultant will manage small digital security grants, including overseeing applicant review and selection, providing ongoing support to grantees, and communicating with Internews HQ staff.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Directly manage small digital security grants under an existing Internews project;
- Review digital security grant applications and select grant participants in collaboration with Internews staff;
- Correspond with grantees about project activities, support needs, and provide administrative guidance.
- Prior programmatic experience in relevant non-profit
- Relevant university degree required
- English language proficiency a significant asset; other regional language skills helpful
- Experience in developing or supporting programs
- Experience in the Program Unit Region
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proficient in MS office
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To apply, please visit: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1146
For more job vacancies and other opportunities, visit our Opportunities Page.