Internews seeks a consultant to provide services as a Change Management Consultant for a US government-funded media development project in Hungary and Poland, focused on championing independent media and on strengthening media resistance to powerful interests seeking to manipulate, isolate, and/or control the press. The Change Management Consultant will agree to lead capacity building efforts that support local independent media in Hungary in producing relevant and engaging content, and in increasing their audience reach. The Change Management Consultant will co-design and coordinate milestone-based media development plans and will work with a diverse team of local and international consultants, mentors, and experts to support core media partners’ development goals in Hungary. Additionally, the Change Manager will support Polish implementing partners to pursue similar activities in Poland.
Scope of work:
- Collaborate with program staff to select qualified local media outlets in Hungary as project beneficiaries, receiving training, mentorship, consulting, and program-supported grants.
- Conduct technical assessments of Hungarian project beneficiaries to identify their needs and develop an Editorial Development Plan with each beneficiary to address these needs.
- In collaboration with the Project Director, coordinate the development of training and event agendas, including identifying local and international thematic experts to serve as trainers, mentors, and speakers and supporting priority development areas.
- Provide expert guidance to program thematic experts, consultants, and mentors to ensure that program beneficiaries receive high quality, targeted support.
- Conduct online or in person trainings, consulting, and panel sessions at events to local media partners.
- Provide expert support on project activities to improve beneficiaries’ audience engagement and strengthen ties between Core Partners and their local communities.
- Provide review on the progress of beneficiaries, identify and work through hurdles, and support partners to follow through commitments made under milestones within Editorial Development Plans to meet their stated goals.
- Foster the development of inclusive ties between program beneficiaries to develop productive working relationships and information exchange within Hungary and across the larger region.
- Provide expert support and guidance to Polish implementing partners to pursue similar activities with beneficiaries in Poland.
- Provide expert support on program reporting, monitoring and evaluation data collection from partners, and other administrative elements.
- In all services, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- 5 years of professional experience working as a media professional in areas related to editorial development, newsroom management, and technical support to media outlets.
- Deep understanding of the media sector in Hungary, as well as specific knowledge of the technical challenges facing media outlets in the country.
- Working knowledge in the following areas: digital and multimedia content production, media professionalism and ethics, gender sensitive and inclusive reporting, and audience engagement and analytics (professional expertise in at least three of these areas preferred).
- Demonstrated mentoring abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze program progress and make strategic suggestions to adjust approaches to ensure program success.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and provide ethical management.
- Fluency in English and Hungarian.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited duration consultancy, with an expected end date of September 30, 2024.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network