Internews is seeking a candidate for the position of Country Representative who will lead Internews representation in-country and manage a portfolio of projects and a dynamic team in Cambodia. The Country Representative will lead all aspects of Internews’ work in Cambodia, including program implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting, new program development and design, administrative operations, and relationships development with relevant stakeholders, including government agencies, donors, private sector, civil society partners and media.
- Represent Internews to donors, partners, government, and other key stakeholders;
- Oversee the implementation of Internews’ portfolio in Cambodia, including managing day-to-day operations and staff;
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with media outlets, civil society organizations (CSOs), research institutions, and media support organizations and ensure project implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and the people we serve;
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, learning and research aspects of Internews’ program portfolio in Cambodia.
- Oversee regular progress reporting and the collection and analysis of monitoring and evaluation data on the results and impact of program support to ensure quality and timely submission of donor required reporting;
- Build proactive relationships with potential donors in-country in order to solicit new fundraising opportunities;
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant government departments/ministries of Cambodia;
- Provide technical expertise on design of relevant trainings, mentoring programs, and/or consultations to local media outlets to produce engaging, quality news reporting;
- Represent Internews and its projects in Cambodia at various conferences and events;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum seven years’ experience managing development projects, preferably in the media;
- Relevant advanced university degree;
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to manage, motivate, recruit and mentor a diverse team of staff and consultants;
- Strong program management experience, including developing and designing new programs, developing monitoring, evaluation and reporting system, and monitoring budget and finance;
- Excellent financial skills, including budget oversight;
- Track record of building successful relationships with stakeholders and fundraising;
- Strong understanding of the development, political economy and media landscape in Cambodia;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments;
- Ability to adjust to shifting circumstances and pivot programmatic activities accordingly;
- Fluency in English and Khmer.
Internews has field office in Cambodia. Ultimately, this role will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Please note that this position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Note: Hiring is contingent upon receipt of funding. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon. This is a limited term position with an anticipated end date in September 2023.
To apply please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia