Do you want to help journalism survive in the globalized, digitalized world? Are you an Excel person first, Word person second? Do you love being the one who can answer questions like, “Great, but how do we pay for it?” and “Does anyone know how this works?”. Under the supervision of the Manager of Program Support Services, the Business Associate’s primary responsibilities are to fill in gaps, figure out tough questions, and clear out logjams that keep programs from running. If you love helping colleagues solve problems, this may be the position for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Direct Program Support Services – 50%
Tasks that direct projects may need assistance with will vary, but could include items such as:
- Assisting the Manager of Program Support Services in providing budget analysis for program portfolios;
- With the support of the Manager of Program Support Services, developing and monitoring subgrants and subcontracts;
- Assisting the Manager of Program Support Services with the development of budgets for proposals for new funding opportunities or revisions to current funder approved budgets;
- Preparing, tracking and reviewing invoices, expense reimbursements, advance requests, and payment requests, including review for proper codings and approvals;
- Significant communication and interaction with program staff and HQ Accounting, Human Resources, and Grants and Contracts Departments;
- Assisting in the development of Resource Sharing Agreements and other shared cost instruments for projects conducted with European funding;
- Reconciling monthly credit card statements; and
- Designing PowerPoints as needed.
Other direct program support services will include:
- Supporting the Manager of Program Support Services with improving and creating standards for program implementation, specifically creating, updating, and managing program-related content on SharePoint;
- Tracking and assisting in onboarding of new business management positions: organizing training and check-in calls, providing documents, and logistics for the business management staff group; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Corporate Support Services – 50%
- Assist in resolving financial and business operations issues impeding the implementation of programs;
- Track progress and assist Manager of Program Support Services with involvement in advancing Internews’ strategy from a programs perspective;
- Help with development of resources for implementing better partnerships;
- Support Chief Programs officer with PowerPoint and other presentation development and organizing materials for program presentations and meetings;
- Organize surveys, interviews, and other feedback mechanisms; provide analysis of findings for follow-up to relevant staff groups;
- Support operations for the team, including preparing, tracking, and reviewing invoices, expense reimbursements and payment requests including review for proper codings and approvals;
- Responsible for reconciling monthly credit card statements; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and eagerness to organize information via Excel a must.
- One to two years of relevant experience expected; international development experience with USAID, US Department of State, USG contracts or subcontracts, or European funding preferred.
- Educational or professional qualification in a field such as financial management, accounting, economics, management, or public administration preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Additional language skills such as Spanish, Arabic, French, Russian or others a plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to listen.
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at joining a supportive, skilled, multi-cultural team that is distributed across the globe.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to organize information, prioritize tasks, and maintain accurate records.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Please, apply here.