The Budget Analyst provides financial support for all USG-funded Middle East and North Africa (MENA) programs under the supervision of the MENA Regional Director based in Berlin, Germany and in close collaboration with the MENA Operations Manager. You’re an ideal candidate if you have prior experience in nonprofit financial management and thrive as a member of a dynamic, multicultural team spread across the globe.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Internews’ Headquarters offices are currently closed, and staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this role will also function remotely. Ultimately, this position may be based remotely or in our Washington, D.C. headquarters office.
This position will require some flexibility to coordinate with colleagues in both Europe and the Middle East and North Africa region (GMT +0 – GMT +3), as well as those on the East Coast of the United States (GMT -5). The ideal candidate will be based either in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa region, or Washington, D.C. Candidates who would prefer an office-based position should feel free to express this preference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Track program budgets and provide analysis for departments, including:
- Creating and maintaining program budgets for each project
- Reconciling program budgets with actual expenses on a monthly basis
- Meeting with Program Manager/Directors to review expenditures and projections
- Asist Program Managers/Directors to revise projections based on implementation needs/changes and monitor direct costs line shift in program budgets
- Develop and monitor the department’s indirect budget in coordination with Regional Director and Operations Manager;
- Proposal budget development for new projects and modifications and adjustments of current budgets including cost extensions and no-cost extensions;
- Develop Resource Sharing Agreements (RSAs) or Alliance Accounting Agreements (PAAs and SWAs) for joint Internews US/Internews Europe projects and/or shared costs;
- Track staff labor allocations and forecasts across programs and indirect funding and provide labor analyses as needed by the Regional Director, Program Managers/Directors, and Operations Manager;
- Prepare advanced financial analysis and reporting utilizing Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) system, including working with the Senior Director of Budgeting and Internal Reporting to forecast expenses;
- Assist the Regional Director with compiling reports and analysis to management;
- Provide analytical/financial support to the Regional Director and Operations Manager;
- Monitor and resolve financial obligation issues with funders;
- Serve as a key liaison and issue escalation point with Grants and Contracts;
- Coordinate with Grants and Contracts on request for obligations or other modifications to awards;
- Cost Share Tracking – documents for Grants and Contacts. Reconcile field tracking and ERP tracking.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Relevant university degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of progressively complex finance experience
- Experience with MS Excel and Word
- Superior analytical ability
- Proven organization skills, with attention to detail
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize a shifting workload
- Proven ability to operate in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), with excellent writing skills
Find more information here.