Internews is seeking for a Finance Officer for a USAID-funded media development project in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).
About the opportunity:
This job will be focused on supporting media partners in BiH to enhance the quality of their content production, facilitate adherence to journalistic standards, expand their reach and appeal to target audiences, improve their business practices to help them operate as viable enterprises, and increase their security from politically motivated lawsuits and cyberattacks.
- Review periodic and final financial reports from MEA subgrantees and fellows
- Review Financial Request Forms and payments
- Support grants team in monitoring of the subgrants spending
- Backstop and provide support in preparation of VAT returns for MEA subgrantees
- Support project procurement in compliance with local requirements and donors’ rules and regulations
- Process documentation, such as contracts and travel reimbursements
- Support Finance Manager in tracking expenditures and financial projections for an array of project activities
- Support Finance manager, HQ staff during project and organizational internal/external audits
- Communicate and coordinate with program staff, provide assistance and mentorship on financial matters as requested
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or any related field or equivalent lived / professional experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office suites, particularly Excel
- Strong communication skill, with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Fluency in Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and working proficiency in English
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects and grants
- Experience with media development projects
- Working knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars
- Experience working with distributed teams
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The position will be based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and will report to the Finance Manager.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited duration position, with an expected term of 3 years.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina