Internews is looking for a program officer that could assist the Internews Afghanistan Country Team with project activities and ensure effective program implementation, with a focus on monitoring, evaluation, research and learning (MERL).
About the opportunity:
The program officer will coordinate with Internews partners to support Afghan media and journalists to safely provide public service information. In coordination with the Asia regional-based support staff, the program officer provides managerial support as required and assists with planning and reporting on programs.
- Provide ongoing overall program management support to the Afghanistan Country Director as required and specifically with reporting and monitoring and evaluation.
- Cultivate relationships and understanding of challenges and needs of Afghan journalists in exile and coordinate effectively with diaspora communities.
- Build and strengthen relationships with local partner organizations and ensure that implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and beneficiaries.
- Support the development and timely implementation of M&E plans and reporting in close cooperation with Internews Afghanistan team.
- Assist with the development of reports and proposals for donors
- File and archive critical business documents in auditable files.
- Coordinate with partners and grantees to ensure their timely submission of MERL data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ standards for quality, detail and clarity.
- Manage administrative tasks in accordance with project timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Minimum 5 years programmatic experience in relevant non-profit organizations — experience in a non-profit media development operation a significant plus
- Experience working with international donors and donor-funded programs
- Experience working within Afghanistan or with related projects, and understanding of the cultural and social context
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL)
- Relevant university degree required or equivalent lived/professional experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Proficient in MS Office
This is a remote-based position. The ideal candidate could based in Thailand, Indonesia, or Sri Lanka; candidates based elsewhere will also be considered.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
This is a limited term position with an anticipated term of 12 months. This position may possibly be extended, contingent upon funding.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network