The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the management team of the project to help coordinate general office administration and logistics. They will also act as the liaison between the management, technical and operational staff and will provide administrative support to facilitate the successful implementation of the project activities. The Administrative Assistant will additionally be responsible for the reception area.
- Support in the coordination of administration related tasks to ensure the smooth flow of operations and implementation of the project activities.
- Provide administrative assistance to the project and the implementation of the project activities, particularly those involving engagement with external stakeholders (preparing for events, selecting venues, securing catering, sending invitations, following up on the guest list, ensuring availability of stationery and equipment needs, assisting in logistics, etc.).
- Schedule meetings, take notes, follow up with the staff and relevant parties on action items and manage meeting rooms’ bookings.
- Assist in preparing (typing) official correspondence and in sending it out according to the guidance of technical and operations teams.
- Establish, develop, and maintain the project’s incoming/outgoing correspondence both in hard and soft copies ensuring there is a proper record of essential correspondence on file.
- Manage office landline and/or other main phone and information email.
- Manage the reception area (receive incoming correspondence and redirect it as needed, greet and assists visitors etc.).
- Provide logistic support to the project and field visits.
- Support the Operations Officer in arranging local transportation for personnel travel within the country and in arranging flights and accommodation for international travels for both staff and visitors.
- Support in establishing vehicle movement schedules.
- Track the supply of stationery items on a monthly basis and inform the Operations Officer of any replenishment needs.
- Support in following up with the cleaning company and maintenance services.
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or another related field. Additional diploma or certification in secretarial practice is preferred or equivalent lived/professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in office administration and/or logistic support and coordination.
- Experience in drafting business notes and office correspondence.
- Experience in organizing professional events (workshops, trainings, information sessions, launching activities, etc.).
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in both English and Arabic.
- Solid computer skills, particularly in MS Office.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple parties (internal and external).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
- Prior administrative and/or logistic experience in working with donor funded projects, especially USG.
- Prior administrative and/or logistic experience with media and/or civil society sectors.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Ultimately, this role will be based in Amman, Jordan.
To apply, please click here.
Organisation: Internews Network and Internews Europe
Location: Amman, Jordan